The Great Lakes Fishery Trust (GLFT) is now accepting grant proposals under its Access to the Great Lakes Fishery funding category. Proposals can be submitted online at www.glft.org and are due by Thursday, August 23, 2012.
The GLFT’s Access to the Great Lakes Fishery grant category focuses on significantly increasing access to the Great Lakes fishery for shore-based angling and tribal fishing. Up to $500,000 is available for access projects.
The key intended outcomes for access grants to be awarded under this RFP are to:
• Increase awareness of the GLFT as an access funder and increase the number of high-quality proposals received by the GLFT
• Enhance shore-based Great Lakes recreational and tribal angling opportunities through capital improvements where conditions are appropriate
• Ensure that all jurisdictions on Lake Michigan with suitable site conditions have a public access site
• Build consensus and knowledge among key stakeholders about the barriers to tribal access site development
• Create and implement plans to address barriers to the expansion of tribal access site development
The GLFT’s For detailed information on funding priorities and requirements, and to submit a proposal, visit the GLFT website at www.glft.org. The Great Lakes Fishery Trust will only accept proposals submitted online on or before 5:00 PM, August 23, 2012. If you intend to submit a proposal, contact the GLFT by e-mail (email@example.com) for a user name and password to access the new online system. If you have questions regarding the grant category, please contact Jonathon Beard, Grant Manager, at (517) 371-7468.